Zünden Traditional Fire Starter
- Up to 12,000 strikes from thick 5/16" (8mm) ferrocerium rod.
- Shower of sparks, at 5,500º F (3,000º C) to ignite a fire in any weather (even when wet), at any altitude.
- Premium 100% hardwood handle is handmade, and provides a natural textured grip.
- Includes fire rod, scraper, and lanyard + FREE 6-ply natural jute tinder.
- Perfect for Bushcraft, Firecraft, Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Bugout, EDC, Emergency, Survival, Campfire, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc.
Introducing the Überleben Zünden Traditional Firesteel. The Überleben Zünden isn't your typical fire starter. It's premium. Because nothing feels better than 100% natural wood. And you already know that. You may choose to customize the hardwood handle (stain, carving, burning, etc.)... and that's cool -- but you'll more than likely just earn a seasoned finish, with the oil from your bare hands. At nearly 5" long, a thick 5/16" chunk of ferrocerium will ignite a 5,500º F shower of sparks at any altitude, in any weather condition -- rain, shine, snow, or fallout. Includes ferro rod with wooden handle, black braided nylon lanyard, concave-toothed steel scraper (with ruler, map scale, and bottle opener) + FREE section of 6-ply natural jute tinder to help you get your first fiery blaze going. Bright spark also works well as emergency signal. For best results, you'll need to scrape the protective coating off first. Überleben (German) means to survive, or outlast. The Überleben Zünden should help you do just that. Survive, and outlast.